As a business owner, you have lots of responsibilities. Here are some important resources to help keep your business on track.
- The City of San Mateo website features valuable information about doing business here, including zoning maps, space for lease, business license information, and local minimum wage requirements.
- The City’s Business Resource Guide covers planning, location, licensing and permitting, and more.
- If you are building or renovating for your business, you’ll need to work with Community Development Department.
- Get the local rules and resources for waste management and recycling.
- If you are operating a food business, be sure to check out the safety requirements, training, permits and other services administered by the San Mateo County Health System.
- See the guidelines for sidewalk dining permits.
- Read about rodent prevention and control for businesses. (See this handout with photos.)
- Report problems to Public Works or Code Enforcement.
- Get a basic overview of California employment law from the California Chamber of Commerce.