Travel Options for Downtown Workers
Downtown San Mateo is centrally located and offers numerous transportation options for your employees and customers.
- Caltrain’s San Mateo Station is just steps away from any downtown destination.
- Numerous Samtrans bus routes serve the downtown district, from El Camino Real to the Transit Center to Delaware Street.
- Parking is available through downtown, and the City also offers permit parking to accommodate downtown workers.
- Bike commuting is growing in popularity. Get a biking guide in English or Spanish. Or try our Bay Bikes bike share program
- Commute.org offers a variety of ideas and resources to improve your commute.
- Scoop custom carpool is available for commuter traveling to or from San Mateo.
Additional Resources for Small Businesses
The San Mateo Small Business Development Center is a treasure trove of no- and low-cost business counseling, training, information and events. Whether your business is well-established or still just a vision, the SBDC has something for you:
The San Mateo Public Library is home to the only dedicated business library in San Mateo County. The Business Library is specifically designed to support small business owners. Available materials include up-to-date business and reference titles, electronic database subscriptions, and free and low-cost business workshops. Just cross El Camino Real to visit the library at 55 W. 3rd Ave., or call 650-522-7802 for more information.